Productivity Development Programme (PDP) Overview The CDC’s Community Support and Youth Development Programme (the PDP) is a focused training and resource coordination exercise being implemented with the support and collaboration of numerous key organizations and stakeholders, all working towards empowering community members and groups in low income and high risk communities, to bring about positive and desirable programmes and project objectives. The CDC provide resource management and implementation assistance that leverages technical support for:
- The Organization & Management of Community Development Programmes and Projects;
- Provision, Coordination and Sourcing of Training, Social Services & Technical Support Resources;
- Technical & Management Support for Programmes and Projects Development and Implementation.
CDC support community beneficiaries in developing, implementing, managing and maintaining their own medium to long-term development programmes and projects, with a functional mandate that seeks to:
- Provide, coordinate or otherwise assist with the identification, development and implementation of community projects that fit the special needs and sensitivities of the community or group;
- Provide training and other support resources in response to needs of the youth and community in general, and in response to the call for programmes focusing on the youth and elderly in the first instance;
- Assist Community Group Members and Coordinators to develop the necessary technical, management and administrative skills for continued development and self-management of projects in their community on an independent and long-term basis.
- Provide special business, technology, computing and focus productivity and social skills training for youths and young adults to develop productive and income earning skills, positive attitudes and confidence to work and interface with the business and other productive sectors of the economy.
Collaborative Objectives of CDC Associated Partner Organizations & Stakeholders:
- Provide needed resources via numerous platforms to support all matters that can positively impact the reduction of crime, community violence and productivity development for communities in need;
- Advance efforts to reach out and work with any organization, group and community in support of the development, security and protection of our youth and population;
- Work with Community Leaders and Members in helping to resolve and reverse negative impacts and experiences that continue to hamper achievement, progress and development within the communities;
- Respond to community challenges and needs to safeguard and secure the many assets and opportunities that are brought to the community, and to ensure that community members benefit from training, facilitation efforts and opportunities;
- Focus programmes that reach out to the youths, groups and members in high risk communities, with dedicated efforts to work with these communities towards making it safe for residents and visitors.
- Assist in addressing and resolving many of the crime & safety issues and challenges from within and among the community youths and members.
Needs Identification & Community Support Requests:
In CDC Support Network Meetings held within the POS and Environs communities, several communities and Special-Interest Community Groups identified the urgent need to implement training programmes and development projects to help curb the lawlessness and lack of productive options available, in particular, for the youths in these communities. Community members generally request assistance to:
- Operationalize existing and under-utilized resources and assets in their communities, the establishment of needed facilities, and further support for other youth and community focus projects;
- Assist with Infrastructural, social and business services support needs:
- Youth mentoring, counselling and mediation support for sensitive family and domestic issues affecting vulnerable youths in these communities;
- Infrastructure and developmental support for ongoing and special community projects including childcare and kindergartens, agriculture, and expansion, refinement and development support for farming (tilapia) and other ongoing and planned business projects of the community;
- Support for coordinating and facilitating various communities and groups to communicate and collaborate with each other, which is vital in getting the stigma and “bad rep” that labels the community as generally unsafe environment;
- Communities continue to suffer lost opportunities and access to critical available and needed training programmes due to Tutors and Social Services Personnel not wanting to work in these communities;
- Support and assistance to address improved relations and lifestyle choices within and among community members, and with the commitment of the community and support organizations, to dedicate more effort towards collaborating and working with other groups and communities with similar interests and needs;
- Commitment of Community Leaders and Members to work towards reversing these concerns by committing to fully support and secure programme assets and facilitation efforts in these communities, in a concerted effort to advance and bring about opportunities to share, learn and build on shared experiences.
PDP Programme Development, Planning & Implementation:
All CDC Network Partners and Associated organization commit to moving forward in collaborative and coordinated unison to deliver on objectives and support efforts of the PDP Programme. Meetings are arranged with the PDP Coordinating Committee and the various counterpart agencies and organizations for planning and implementation exercises, to establish or finalize collaborative efforts, or in preparation for up-coming support programmes, projects, events and activities.
PDP Special-Interest Group (SIG) Scholarships and Registration:
PDP Training Resources and Benefits are provided to community member groups and beneficiaries through the recommendations of the Community or Special-Interest Member Group’s Administration or Coordinating Committees, and are awarded to Registered Community Group Members via a FREE CDC Registration FORM and PROCESS.
. . we help you to Plan the Work! – Develop the Plan! – Work the Plan!
LEARN – Research, Determine and Access Needed Skills & Training Programmes! . . . PREPARE – Prepare You to Lobby, Navigate & Negotiate Required Means for Operations! . . . DO – Develop Needed Infrastructure & Business Network for Implementation!